Fountain Women for Christ
July 2020 Happenings
We are excited to be able to slowly start meeting in person in and around the Fountain campus. Some of our events will continue to be via ZOOM, while others are in person. We welcome you to join us for some or all of these events. On page 2, please check out some of our Women’s Ministry needs. See where you can use your gifts and talents to serve our women. You are NEEDED!
- BUNCO NIGHT Returns! Join us for a fun evening of in-person BUNCO on Friday, July 10 at 6:30pm in the Worship Center. All you need is 3 dice. Bring your own or we will provide individual baggies with 3 dice for you to use. Our theme is Patriotic American, so wear your red, white, and blue! Social distancing will be in place. Optional: bring a prepackaged snack to share. Drinks will be provided. Signup online or contact Megan.
- Tuesday Morning BIBLE STUDY (10-11:30am): The Power of Words—A Four Week Devotional Study on Learning to Speak with Wisdom and Grace by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth. Discover the connection between your heart and your words; and be challenged to examine your heart and to consider the consequences of your words. Learn to use your tongue to glorify God and bless others. This study, led by Sandi Leaf, begins July 7 (runs through August 4) and will meet via ZOOM. Cost is $6. Contact Sandi to sign up.
- Thursday Evening BIBLE STUDY (6-8pm): The Path to the Cross by Ray Vander Laan. This study, led by Jai Mullin, began June 4th and meets in the Worship Center and will run through mid-August. This study is now CLOSED.
- Military Spouses Ministry. We have a couple activities scheduled for July. Watch your email for signups. Contact Jodi for more information on these events.
- Spouse’s Morning Out—Join fellow military spouses on Saturday, July 11 for a morning hike at Red Rock Canyon Open Space. Meet at the base of the Mesa trailhead off the main parking lot at 8am.
- Spouse’s Fellowship Night—Meet at the Fountain church parking lot on Saturday, July 25 at 6:30pm for a devotional fellowship time. We may meet in the Worship Center if COVID-19 restrictions allow. The topic will be “Fear and Anxiety”.
- Summer Book Club meeting Thursday evenings at 7:30pm via ZOOM. July’s book is “Adamant” by Lia Bevere and its discussion will be on July 16 via ZOOM. Contact Jess for more information and to receive the ZOOM link.
Sandi Leaf, Fountain Women’s Ministry Director
WOMEN’S MINISTRY NEEDS—WHERE CAN YOU SERVE?
As we continue our summer planning and begin to plan for the Fall, there a variety of needs that we have in Fountain’s Women’s Ministry. We are all part of ONE body, and we can each play an important role. If you are interested in helping in any of the following areas, please contact Sandi or the point of contact listed below.
- Leader or Co-Leader for our FOR Crafters & Scrappers Club. This club meets once a month for 1 1/2 to 2 hours at the church from September – May. In the past we’ve met on a Friday morning, but the day/time is flexible. You would plan each month’s craft—whether you lead it yourself or have someone else lead a session. Scrappers bring their own projects to work on during this time.
- Bible Study Leaders/Co-Leader. If you are interested in leading or co-leading a Bible study in the Fall, please contact Sandi. We traditionally offer in-person studies on Tuesday mornings from 9-11am and Thursday evenings from 6-8pm. We are also looking to continue offering one or more ZOOM studies (dates/times are flexible).
- Volunteer Childcare Workers. Childcare for our Bible Studies and Where Moms Connect are covered in the Church budget (when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted), but it is not covered for most our other women’s activities. We are looking for a few women who would like to volunteer to do childcare for 2 to 2 1/2 hours once or twice a month so women with children can participate in various activities. All childcare volunteers must consent to a routine background check. Here’s some of the events we’re looking for helpers:
- Monthly FOR Crafters & Scrappers meetings (usually one Friday morning each month, but day /time could change).
- Monthly Military Spouses Fellowship (devotional) Nights.
- Monthly BUNCO/Game Nights (usually 1st Friday night of each month)
- Meal Train Volunteers. We are always in need of women who would be willing to bless others in our church with a meal to encourage and help them out. Typical reasons include new baby, hospital stay/surgery recovery, death in the family, etc. Contact our Meal Train Coordinator Kerriann to volunteer.
- Military Mentor Spouses. Current or former military spouses that want to walk alongside our spouses as they navigate the military lifestyle. Must love Jesus. If interested, please contact Jodi for more details and to discuss what it looks like.
- Mentor Moms for Where Moms Connect. Are you an older mom (i.e., been there-done that) or empty-nester and have a heart for young moms? We are looking to start up a Mentor Mom program for our Where Moms Connect and would like some seasoned moms to come along side some of our younger moms to be a mentor and encourager. If you are interested, contact Misti or Mary.