8th Street Women for Christ
September 2020 Happenings
With cooler mornings and pumpkin spice lattes already available, it finally feels like FALL! This also means women’s ministry will be in full swing in just a few short weeks! We are thrilled for the opportunities to gather for study, fun, and fellowship. Mark your calendars! Listed below are all September events for women at our 8th street campus.
FALL KICK -OFF / Friday, September 18th / 6-8pm
Join us as we kick-off the fall semester in women’s ministry! There will be food, fun, and fellowship! A devotional will be given about our theme for this year “Set Free In Christ” based on Galatians 5:1. You will also get to learn about different opportunities in women’s ministry. The event is FREE! Childcare is available at NO cost, but children must be registered. Register for event (and childcare) HERE.
WEDNESDAY EVENING BIBLE STUDY / Begins September 16th / 6:15-7:45pm
***Childcare is available and FREE. Meetings will be in person and on ZOOM.
“Missing Pieces” by Jennifer Rothschild
Led by Trudy Griebenow and Sarah Norwood
This study has a DVD and study guide. For more information about “Missing Pieces,” click HERE.
THURSDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDIES / Begins September 17th / 9-11am
***Childcare is available and FREE. Meetings will be in person and on ZOOM for both classes.
“Acts” by LifeChange Bible Study Series
Led by Nancy Brummett
This study has a study guide only (no DVD). To read more about “Acts,” click HERE.
“Mom Set Free” by Jeannie Cunnion
Led by Jess Bowen
This study has a DVD and study guide. To learn more about “Mom Set Free,” click HERE.
MOTHERS OF PRESCHOOLERS / Begins September 2nd / 9-11am AND 7-8pm
It’s time to begin another amazing year of MOPS as we “Decide to Rise” – If you’re an expecting mom, or a mom of an infant, toddler, preschooler, or even a kindergartner, we’d love to get to know you! Join us every 1st & 3rd Wednesday morning from 9-11am at our 8th Street Campus. An online option is available Wednesday night 7-8pm. Free childcare for those attending in-person. Email Erica for more info or REGISTER HERE.
MILITARY SPOUSE MINISTRY
- Did you know we have a growing and thriving MILITARY SPOUSE
MINISTRY??? This is a combined group for BOTH campuses. Contact Jodi for more information, to become a mentor spouse, or to join the group.
- Military Spouses Movie Night, Friday, September 11 at 6:30pm at the 8th Street Campus. Bring a military spouse and join us for a movie and fellowship. Depending on the weather, we’ll meet in the courtyard at 8th Street or in the Worship Center. Watch your email for more details. Contact Jodi for more information.
Don’t forget these too…
- FOR Crafters and Scrappers—String It Up!, Friday, September 11th from 9-11am at Fountain Campus. Come join us in the Worship Center for a fun morning of crafting and scrapping. Our main craft for this month is making your own string art. Different images will be available for you to select from on craft day. Make sure to RSVP so we have enough boards for everyone; AND bring a hammer! Cost is $5 per person. We’ll also be starting a service project to make “Plarn Sleeping Mats” for the homeless shelters. We’ll need plastic bags to cut into strips and a size Q crochet needle for this project. Contact Mindy for more information.
- Opportunities to serve in women’s ministry still available! Fall Women’s Ministry Positions
- What about MASKS?? Women’s ministry will adhere to the guidelines established by our church leadership. The current guidance for FOR ministry is the following:
***When entering or leaving the building, and when not seated and spaced apart, please wear a mask.
***Once seated and for discussion purposes, masks may be removed.
***Please be patient and flexible as we navigate changes that may occur in these guidelines during the ministry season.
***Childcare workers will be required to wear masks. Children under the age of 10 are not required to wear a mask.
SAVE THE DATE…
*October 16th: An Evening with Bridges of Hope and movie “Unplanned” 6-9pm. Join us as for a powerful evening as we learn from Life Network about their post abortion program “Bridges of Hope.” Details coming soon!
***Please don’t ever hesitate to email me with questions!
Free in Christ,
8th Street Women’s Ministry Director